In the year 2000 I realized that Diablo II was way cooler than Freddy Fish...
My name is Shetani, and this blog is my space to share my love for videogames. I am a linguist (EN-JP), and in 2023 I finished my big "Japanese in Sekiro" project that I am very proud of. In Shetani's Lair you can find all sorts of things, from "Lost in Translation" posts on FromSoft games to opinion pieces on the games that I've recently played.
I am currently on hiatus till May (?), I hope to see you then!
Welcome to the Lair (￣ω￣)
What is appreciated
- Share your experience. Don't be shy to talk about your take on a game or event, even if your opinion does not coincide with mine or with the opinions of other people from the comments. We are all snowflakes, and our experiences are unique.
- Common sense. Always use it. ALWAYS.
- Questions. If you'd like to ask me something about the thing I touched upon in any of my posts — go ahead. I'll do my best to answer.
What is not appreciated and is even severely punished (!)
- Any kind of shitstorm in the comments — both starting and fueling. We are here for the heartwarmth, videogames and friendship.
- Racism, sexism, any kind of discrimination and shameful "-isms". If you are leaving a comment or replying to anybody, make sure that you do it with respect.
- If you want to critique, employ all respect and common sense you've got. Critique, especially constructive critique, is a tough thing, so make sure you do it responsibly.
- If you have any suggestions or additions to the post — same rules apply.
- I am not a native speaker of English, so from time to time you will find funny phrases and sentences and possibly even grammar mistakes. Fret not! I know that no amount of studying will make me a native; however, I like to learn. If you have spotted something that sounds weird to you, leave a comment with an explanation how to make it better or contact me. I will be most grateful.
Respect and common sense. Insult no one, express your opinion, communicate with other people, and everything will be splendid. Thank you for reading the Lair!
You can contact me via the feedback form or use the link at the bottom of the page.